Quick Answer: Yes, you can activate Liquid Notes offline.
[Update, 13 Oct 2017: A new license management system is used which requires activation of the license code in a specific form on our website. Fill in your customer data in this form for us to provide you with the latest software build - http://re-compose.com/activate-your-license-for-liquid-notes.html ]
Offline Activation of Liquid NotesLiquid Notes comes with a license manager that handles trial period and activation of the software. Normally, an activation is done via the Internet - however, if you do not have an Internet connection available for your computer or simply don't want to connect it to the Internet, you may follow the procedure for offline activation.
Upon completion of the two step offline activation process Liquid Notes will behave the same as if you had activated via the Internet.
Step 1: Retrieve the Installation-IDThe installation-ID is a unique identifier that has been created by the license manager at installation of Liquid Notes. To retrieve the installation-ID, please follow these steps:
- Open Liquid Notes.
- (Trial not expired) Select "?" from the main menu and click on "Launch License Manager".
(Trial expired) In order to launch the License Manager, select "Enter license" in the error message pop-up shown after starting Liquid Notes.
- (In License Manager) Click on "Import Certificate".
- (In License Manager) Find the Installation ID in field "Installation ID". Click on the symbol to the right of this field in order to copy the Installation ID to your clipboard.
Do not close the license manager yet! We'll get back here in a second again.
Step 2: Activate the license and enter the unlock keyPlease have your license key ready. It has been sent to you by email immediately after you completed the purchase of a full license on the Re-Compose website.
To activate Liquid Notes, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Internet activation website - https://www.internetactivation.com/ECOSYSTEM/ActivationServer/tiactivate/default.aspx.
- Enter the "installation ID" and "license number" in the corresponding fields, accept the terms and conditions and click on "Generate Unlock Code/Certificate".
- Copy the unlock code, switch back to the license manager and paste the unlock code in field "Activation Certificate". Press "Import Certificate".
(Note: If you entered the license number previously the field "Activation Certificate" may have been replaced by the field "Unlocking Key".)
The field "Status" should now change to 'Licensed', i.e. you have successfully completed the offline activation of Liquid Notes!