Quick fix: See the steps below to complete routing between the applications.
Routing from Liquid Notes to FL StudioPlease follow these steps to complete the routing setup between Liquid Notes and FL Studio. It is assumed that you have successfully completed the installation of Liquid Notes on your machine:
- The routing connection between the applications is done on a system level:
- If you are using a Mac, please make sure to follow this tutorial for installation of the IAC bus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvk6Do-QQ8.
- Windows users should make sure that the third party application LoopBe 30 has been installed with the installation of Liquid Notes. You'll find it in the Start Menu or in Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Launch Liquid Notes, and import/open your desired project (MIDI file). A dialog box will greet you, asking for the Sound Output Source - select 'Other' there, and then click on 'Next'.
- This will bring up the results of the Track Type Analysis. Check if the identification of tracks is ok, and make adjustments if necessary - then follow through by clicking on 'Next' again.
- A window Unknown Sequencer will be shown with information on how to establish the routing connections. Read it, and then click 'Next' again for the Routing Settings.
Note: If the window Routing Settings doesn't open and instead the harmonic analysis is performed, you can access the window through the menu Settings > Routing Settings.
- Routing Settings is the window that is important to get sound into FL Studio when playing through Liquid Notes: on the left hand side of the window you find the name of the tracks, followed by its Out Port and Out Channel.
For each of the tracks in your arrangement you have to make sure that all Out Ports and Out Channels in Liquid Notes correspond with the routing in FL Studio. If it doesn't, adjust the setting in Liquid Notes accordingly until they match.
Note: See related articles below with information on MIDI routing basics in FL Studio. For each VSTi in FL Studio (click on the gear symbol right to the arrow on the left corner for the wrapping settings) you must route MIDI correctly to match the ports/channels in Liquid Notes. Also, make sure that you enable all VSTis - i.e. the green light is checked for all of them.
- Once the routing matches between both applications click on 'Next' or 'Finish' in Liquid Notes to complete the Open Project Wizard. The harmonic analysis will now be performed, and after it completed the user interface with the main controls for chord substitution will be shown.
When playing a song now in Liquid Notes it will use the sound of the virtual instruments assigned in FL Studio. Simply hit Play in Liquid Notes, and you should be able to hear the sound immediately.
MIDI routing and output in FL Studio
Recording and editing MIDI in FL Studio