Quick answer: I2C8 requires two MIDI tracks to be created in Ableton Live. See instructions below.
Plug-in setup in Ableton LiveI2C8 is a MIDI effect plug-in. Two MIDI tracks need to be created, with the track that I2C8 is assigned to feeding the generated chords (notes) into the other track (instrument).
In order to configure I2C8 correctly, follow the steps hereafter:
- Create a MIDI track. It is referred to as Track 1 (or generator track).
- Place the I2C8 plug-in onto Track 1.
- Create a second MIDI track containing a software instrument. It is referred to as Track 2 (or instrument track).
- For Track 2, set the MIDI From selection to "Track 1".
- Set the Monitor option of Track 2 to "In".
Please check that the settings shown in the screenshot hereafter are met:
That's it. You're all set!
You can also find a tutorial video that shows this process here: http://youtu.be/ULQcypyVWQ4