Quick fix: Use a special settings file. See for more information below.
User dialog freezes at startupSome users have reported a malfunction of Liquid Notes, stating that the software opens on launch, however freezes immediately afterwards. These users are forced to shutdown the application using Mac OS X's "Force Quit" feature.
This problem is only related to Mac Lion & Mountain Lion users! No cause for this problem is yet known.
Replace the settings.xml file in the .LiquidNotesAppData - folderPlease follow these steps to get started:
- Close Liquid Notes.
- On your Mac, open "Finder" (click on 'Downloads' or 'Document's in the task bar to open it).
- From the menu, select 'Go' and from the list there 'Go to Folder'. This will open a dialogue box, as shown hereafter:
- Enter the path shown above, but please replace "YOUR_USER" with the user name you are logged in to your machine, and click on 'Go'.
- Right-Click on the following file and chose "Save Linked File to Downloads": http://www.re-compose.com/downloads/tools/settings.xml.
- Copy that file "settings.xml" into the folder .LiquidNotesAppData, overwrite the file, if it already exists.
- Start Liquid Notes
This will allow you to start Liquid Notes without it freezing!