Features and System RequirementsFind hereafter a list of features and system requirements. This list is not extensive, rather it is a summary of the most important points.
- Standalone software *.
- No connection via VST, AU or RTAS into the sequencer necessary.
- Supported platforms: Windows XP and higher, Mac OS X 10.6 and higher.
- Multi-track MIDI-routing from Liquid Notes to the sequencer or notation software.
- Intelligent alteration of harmony and tension.
- Live improvisation: automatic selection of the correct scale.
*: Interfacing with sequencers via VST, AU, or RTAS would render a major technological disadvantage to working with extensive multi-track MIDI. This comprises routing, instant MIDI I/O, working cross-platform, and independence from the sequencer type.
System RequirementsLiquid Notes is implemented entirely in Java, which allows system-independent use in Windows and Mac OS X. The recommended version of Java is 1.6.0_25 or higher.
- Windows. Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 - 32/64 are supported.
- OS X. Due to certain restrictions with the Apple MIDI loopback driver, IAC bus use is recommended only from Java 1.6.0_25. Apple allows this version of Java only from OS X 10.6 or higher. The support of older versions of OS X is not possible.
Note: Since Liquid Notes works on operating system level and is listed to the outside as a MIDI device via virtual buses, it operates flawlessly with any commercially available sequencers. This compatibility has so far been tested with most major sequencers. Only Ableton Live presents some restrictions in terms of multi-channel export and not storing any tempo information in MIDI files, for both a workaround has been implemented in Liquid Notes.